Wanna buy Carlos Beltran’s Long Island mansion?

Jan 31, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT

Well, you can’t unless the contract currently on it falls through. But I doubt you have the money anyway. You can go to Realtor.com and gawk at it however. Especially the Carlos Beltran-as-a-Met mural:

source:

I’d probably keep that if I were the buyer. Maybe put a big Adam Wainwright mural on the opposite wall. Hard to say.

Anyway go check out his pad, which is selling for just under $5 million after sitting on the market for quite some time following his leaving the Mets. And yes, he’s back in the New York area now, but I assume he’s going to get something more convenient to the Bronx.

1. APBA Guy - Jan 31, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I love these articles. And after a recent string of, shall we say, questionably decorated homes, this one is not bad. Though I’m not a fan of the flat screen above the fireplace in a multi-million dollar place. Very down-market. And no shots of the garage, butler’s pantry, etc. If I’m Carlos, I’m looking into another realtor. For $5M, I need to know there’s room for the Bentley and the Ferrari.

2. thebadguyswon - Jan 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Love the Braves fan jabbing the Mets. The same Braves that make an art form out of first-round playoff losses.

Soon they will be saying a team “pulled a Braves” in October or got “Atlanta’d” in the playoffs.

3. sportsnut101 - Jan 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I got 2.3 million. My final offer

4. bbk1000 - Feb 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM

” And yes, he’s back in the New York area now, but I assume he’s going to get something more convenient to the Bronx.”

I hear there is a Mobil gas station not too far from the stadium that has a bathroom for rent….

5. jfk69 - Feb 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Under contract. I will sell it back to him after joining the Yankee’s. Minus the staged furniture. I will pay to update the uniform on his homage portrait. Will also throw in two free tickets on the Hampton Jitney. Summer 2014 only.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate