Feb 1, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Fister, who was acquired from the Tigers in December, requested $8.5 million and was offered $5.75 million from the Nationals when arbitration figures were exchanged earlier this month. While the Nationals agreed to multi-year deals with some of their other arbitration-eligible players, including Ian Desmond and Jordan Zimmermann, general manager Mike Rizzo said last week that he expected to reach a one-year deal with Fister.
Fister turns 30 on Tuesday and owns a 3.30 ERA over the past three seasons. He is under team control through 2015.
UPDATE: Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the two sides have agreed to a one-year, $7.2 million deal, which is $825,000 above the midpoint of the arbitration figures that were exchanged earlier this month. He can earn an additional $100,000 based on innings pitched.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 66
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)