Feb 1, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Sipp really struggled with the Diamondbacks in 2013 after coming over from the Indians in a three-team trade, posting a career-high 4.78 ERA over 56 appearances. While he struck out 42 batters in 37 2/3 innings, he averaged 5.3 BB/9 and left-handed batters produced a .270/.372/.486 batting line against him. The 30-year-old was designated for assignment by Arizona in September.
UPDATE: Andrew Rickli of Sports Reel Boston reports that the deal is done.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)