Feb 1, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Sipp really struggled with the Diamondbacks in 2013 after coming over from the Indians in a three-team trade, posting a career-high 4.78 ERA over 56 appearances. While he struck out 42 batters in 37 2/3 innings, he averaged 5.3 BB/9 and left-handed batters produced a .270/.372/.486 batting line against him. The 30-year-old was designated for assignment by Arizona in September.
UPDATE: Andrew Rickli of Sports Reel Boston reports that the deal is done.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)