Feb 1, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Sipp really struggled with the Diamondbacks in 2013 after coming over from the Indians in a three-team trade, posting a career-high 4.78 ERA over 56 appearances. While he struck out 42 batters in 37 2/3 innings, he averaged 5.3 BB/9 and left-handed batters produced a .270/.372/.486 batting line against him. The 30-year-old was designated for assignment by Arizona in September.
UPDATE: Andrew Rickli of Sports Reel Boston reports that the deal is done.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)