Feb 1, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Sipp really struggled with the Diamondbacks in 2013 after coming over from the Indians in a three-team trade, posting a career-high 4.78 ERA over 56 appearances. While he struck out 42 batters in 37 2/3 innings, he averaged 5.3 BB/9 and left-handed batters produced a .270/.372/.486 batting line against him. The 30-year-old was designated for assignment by Arizona in September.
UPDATE: Andrew Rickli of Sports Reel Boston reports that the deal is done.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)