Feb 1, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
GQ magazine threw a Super Bowl party last night. Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander was among those in attendance and the New York Daily News reports that he was “cozying up to” model (and former/current/whatever girlfriend) Kate Upton.
Under normal circumstances I might make fun of Verlander’s outfit in that picture, but a) obviously it has worked well enough for him, and b) it’s Saturday night and I’m posting this, so I’ll just shut up.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 2
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 44
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)