Feb 1, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
GQ magazine threw a Super Bowl party last night. Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander was among those in attendance and the New York Daily News reports that he was “cozying up to” model (and former/current/whatever girlfriend) Kate Upton.
Under normal circumstances I might make fun of Verlander’s outfit in that picture, but a) obviously it has worked well enough for him, and b) it’s Saturday night and I’m posting this, so I’ll just shut up.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)