Feb 2, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
There’s a feeling that a team like the Yankees may pluck Rodney, or someone of his ilk, to ensure they have another closer in case Dave Robertson breaks down or isn’t up to the task.
The Yankees’ bullpen is quite young, led by new 29-year-old closer Robertson. As Cafardo mentions, adding Rodney would give them some peace of mind in the event that something goes wrong in the bullpen. Given their question marks around the infield, it might be a good thing to limit the amount of possible concurrent headaches.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54