Feb 2, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
According to a report from Korean news service SBS, as translated by Dan Kurtz at MyKBO.net, free agent right-hander Suk-Min Yoon had a throwing session in front of Orioles and Giants scouts this past Friday at the University of California-Irvine.
Yoon, who has served as both a starter and reliever, made about 30 full-effort throws from atop a mound.
The 27-year-old is also thought to be drawing interest from the Red Sox, Indians, and Twins, and there was a report last week that four clubs had already made official offers. Yoon has been represented by agent Scott Boras since November 2011. He won the 2011 MVP in the Korean Baseball Organization after posting a 2.45 ERA and 178 strikeouts in 172 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 22
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)