Feb 2, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
According to a report from Korean news service SBS, as translated by Dan Kurtz at MyKBO.net, free agent right-hander Suk-Min Yoon had a throwing session in front of Orioles and Giants scouts this past Friday at the University of California-Irvine.
Yoon, who has served as both a starter and reliever, made about 30 full-effort throws from atop a mound.
The 27-year-old is also thought to be drawing interest from the Red Sox, Indians, and Twins, and there was a report last week that four clubs had already made official offers. Yoon has been represented by agent Scott Boras since November 2011. He won the 2011 MVP in the Korean Baseball Organization after posting a 2.45 ERA and 178 strikeouts in 172 1/3 innings.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)