Feb 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Without looking I’ll guess that two of them are talking to him about their families and what everyone did on vacation. The third team is sharing their favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman scenes. The team is a fan of the Lester Bangs stuff from “Almost famous.” Marmol thinks his performance in “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead” is supremely underrated. Marmol has a point.
Well, Jon Heyman says Marmol is talking to three teams about a deal to pitch baseballs for them. Interesting. Marmol posted a 4.41 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 59 strikeouts over 49 innings last season between the Cubs and Dodgers. There is talk that the Brewers and Red Sox are interested too.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)