Feb 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Without looking I’ll guess that two of them are talking to him about their families and what everyone did on vacation. The third team is sharing their favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman scenes. The team is a fan of the Lester Bangs stuff from “Almost famous.” Marmol thinks his performance in “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead” is supremely underrated. Marmol has a point.
Well, Jon Heyman says Marmol is talking to three teams about a deal to pitch baseballs for them. Interesting. Marmol posted a 4.41 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 59 strikeouts over 49 innings last season between the Cubs and Dodgers. There is talk that the Brewers and Red Sox are interested too.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 33
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (88)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)