Feb 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Without looking I’ll guess that two of them are talking to him about their families and what everyone did on vacation. The third team is sharing their favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman scenes. The team is a fan of the Lester Bangs stuff from “Almost famous.” Marmol thinks his performance in “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead” is supremely underrated. Marmol has a point.
Well, Jon Heyman says Marmol is talking to three teams about a deal to pitch baseballs for them. Interesting. Marmol posted a 4.41 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 59 strikeouts over 49 innings last season between the Cubs and Dodgers. There is talk that the Brewers and Red Sox are interested too.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)