Feb 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Without looking I’ll guess that two of them are talking to him about their families and what everyone did on vacation. The third team is sharing their favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman scenes. The team is a fan of the Lester Bangs stuff from “Almost famous.” Marmol thinks his performance in “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead” is supremely underrated. Marmol has a point.
Well, Jon Heyman says Marmol is talking to three teams about a deal to pitch baseballs for them. Interesting. Marmol posted a 4.41 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 59 strikeouts over 49 innings last season between the Cubs and Dodgers. There is talk that the Brewers and Red Sox are interested too.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)