Feb 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Without looking I’ll guess that two of them are talking to him about their families and what everyone did on vacation. The third team is sharing their favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman scenes. The team is a fan of the Lester Bangs stuff from “Almost famous.” Marmol thinks his performance in “Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead” is supremely underrated. Marmol has a point.
Well, Jon Heyman says Marmol is talking to three teams about a deal to pitch baseballs for them. Interesting. Marmol posted a 4.41 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 59 strikeouts over 49 innings last season between the Cubs and Dodgers. There is talk that the Brewers and Red Sox are interested too.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (107)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)