Feb 3, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
San Francisco-based Levi’s has been a sponsor of the San Francisco Giants for a long time. Signs all over AT&T Park and stuff. Pretty standard, I suppose. This, culled from an article about Levi’s renewing its deal with the Giants, is not so standard:
The San Francisco-based brand will also rename the Giants’ casual Friday policy for front office staff, which will become Levi’s Casual Fridays, ‘encouraging employees, including players and coaches, to sport their Levi’s jeans on Fridays’.
“RE-name?” Casual Friday for a few hundred office staff had a proper name before? Apart from “casual Friday?”
If this is the beginning of a new trend, do you suppose I could get the folks at Isotoner to sponsor the workplace fashion policies here at Chez HardballTalk?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)