Feb 3, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
San Francisco-based Levi’s has been a sponsor of the San Francisco Giants for a long time. Signs all over AT&T Park and stuff. Pretty standard, I suppose. This, culled from an article about Levi’s renewing its deal with the Giants, is not so standard:
The San Francisco-based brand will also rename the Giants’ casual Friday policy for front office staff, which will become Levi’s Casual Fridays, ‘encouraging employees, including players and coaches, to sport their Levi’s jeans on Fridays’.
“RE-name?” Casual Friday for a few hundred office staff had a proper name before? Apart from “casual Friday?”
If this is the beginning of a new trend, do you suppose I could get the folks at Isotoner to sponsor the workplace fashion policies here at Chez HardballTalk?
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)