Feb 3, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
San Francisco-based Levi’s has been a sponsor of the San Francisco Giants for a long time. Signs all over AT&T Park and stuff. Pretty standard, I suppose. This, culled from an article about Levi’s renewing its deal with the Giants, is not so standard:
The San Francisco-based brand will also rename the Giants’ casual Friday policy for front office staff, which will become Levi’s Casual Fridays, ‘encouraging employees, including players and coaches, to sport their Levi’s jeans on Fridays’.
“RE-name?” Casual Friday for a few hundred office staff had a proper name before? Apart from “casual Friday?”
If this is the beginning of a new trend, do you suppose I could get the folks at Isotoner to sponsor the workplace fashion policies here at Chez HardballTalk?
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27