Feb 3, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
We already heard that Mike Moustakas has lost weight and may be in the Best Shape of His Life. Now we hear that he’s been working on his swing, trying to learn to take the ball the other way. Use that third base/left field side.
Good for him! Hope he improves because a productive Mike Moustakas would go a long way toward helping the Royals improve on their 86-win season and a contending Royals team would probably be pretty fun. Sort of like Pittsburgh last season. I sorta want to see that.
But it’s also possible that this is just your standard offseason cliche. Getting in shape. Working on my swing. If we see a story about him working with some respected former major leaguer or having offseason workouts with some other player on another team, we will have pretty much filled Moustakas’ offseason hitters BINGO card.
Pitchers BINGO cards have “working on my changeup” and “working on my arm slot” to go with BSHOL, by the way.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)