Feb 3, 2014, 8:46 AM EST
We already heard that Mike Moustakas has lost weight and may be in the Best Shape of His Life. Now we hear that he’s been working on his swing, trying to learn to take the ball the other way. Use that third base/left field side.
Good for him! Hope he improves because a productive Mike Moustakas would go a long way toward helping the Royals improve on their 86-win season and a contending Royals team would probably be pretty fun. Sort of like Pittsburgh last season. I sorta want to see that.
But it’s also possible that this is just your standard offseason cliche. Getting in shape. Working on my swing. If we see a story about him working with some respected former major leaguer or having offseason workouts with some other player on another team, we will have pretty much filled Moustakas’ offseason hitters BINGO card.
Pitchers BINGO cards have “working on my changeup” and “working on my arm slot” to go with BSHOL, by the way.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)