Feb 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Dbacks have locked up the brain trust:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) February 3, 2014
I love the use of “terms not disclosed.” That’s usually said by the reporter when the source of the news does not disclose the terms. Here it’s the Dbacks themselves, passively, saying that the terms aren’t disclosed. They could more accurately say “we’re not telling you the terms.” Then we can say “terms not disclosed.
Anyway, Towers and Gibby are going to be around for a while.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (134)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)