Feb 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Dbacks have locked up the brain trust:
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) February 3, 2014
I love the use of “terms not disclosed.” That’s usually said by the reporter when the source of the news does not disclose the terms. Here it’s the Dbacks themselves, passively, saying that the terms aren’t disclosed. They could more accurately say “we’re not telling you the terms.” Then we can say “terms not disclosed.
Anyway, Towers and Gibby are going to be around for a while.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)