Feb 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Andrew Rickli of SportsReel Boston reports that the Rangers are showing interest in Korean right-hander Suk-Min Yoon. Just yesterday we learned that he had a throwing session in front of Orioles and Giants scouts this past Friday, so there could be a mini bidding war soon.
Moon won the 2011 MVP in the Korean Baseball Organization after posting a 2.45 ERA and 178 strikeouts in 172 1/3 innings. He’s represented by Scott Boras. The Rangers recently lost Derek Holland for a stretch due to injury, so they’d certainly be a fit for Yoon.
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 15
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (110)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)