Feb 3, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Andrew Rickli of SportsReel Boston reports that the Rangers are showing interest in Korean right-hander Suk-Min Yoon. Just yesterday we learned that he had a throwing session in front of Orioles and Giants scouts this past Friday, so there could be a mini bidding war soon.
Moon won the 2011 MVP in the Korean Baseball Organization after posting a 2.45 ERA and 178 strikeouts in 172 1/3 innings. He’s represented by Scott Boras. The Rangers recently lost Derek Holland for a stretch due to injury, so they’d certainly be a fit for Yoon.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)