Feb 3, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Do something famous — or almost famous, depending on your point of view — and you will always be remembered. Or, at the very least, you will always have your minor league signings for purposes of organizational depth noted on blogs. Such is the case for Armando Galarraga, who was just signed to a minor league deal with the Rangers.
He should find a nice comfy place to rent in Round Rock, because it’s doubtful he’ll see much action for Texas. Or, if he does, it will mean that the Rangers season has gone awry. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2012 and when he did, for a terrible Astros team, he put up a 6.75 ERA and walked more guys than he struck out in five starts.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)