Feb 3, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Do something famous — or almost famous, depending on your point of view — and you will always be remembered. Or, at the very least, you will always have your minor league signings for purposes of organizational depth noted on blogs. Such is the case for Armando Galarraga, who was just signed to a minor league deal with the Rangers.
He should find a nice comfy place to rent in Round Rock, because it’s doubtful he’ll see much action for Texas. Or, if he does, it will mean that the Rangers season has gone awry. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2012 and when he did, for a terrible Astros team, he put up a 6.75 ERA and walked more guys than he struck out in five starts.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)