Feb 3, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
Do something famous — or almost famous, depending on your point of view — and you will always be remembered. Or, at the very least, you will always have your minor league signings for purposes of organizational depth noted on blogs. Such is the case for Armando Galarraga, who was just signed to a minor league deal with the Rangers.
He should find a nice comfy place to rent in Round Rock, because it’s doubtful he’ll see much action for Texas. Or, if he does, it will mean that the Rangers season has gone awry. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2012 and when he did, for a terrible Astros team, he put up a 6.75 ERA and walked more guys than he struck out in five starts.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 63
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)