Feb 3, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Do something famous — or almost famous, depending on your point of view — and you will always be remembered. Or, at the very least, you will always have your minor league signings for purposes of organizational depth noted on blogs. Such is the case for Armando Galarraga, who was just signed to a minor league deal with the Rangers.
He should find a nice comfy place to rent in Round Rock, because it’s doubtful he’ll see much action for Texas. Or, if he does, it will mean that the Rangers season has gone awry. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2012 and when he did, for a terrible Astros team, he put up a 6.75 ERA and walked more guys than he struck out in five starts.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)