Feb 3, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
Do something famous — or almost famous, depending on your point of view — and you will always be remembered. Or, at the very least, you will always have your minor league signings for purposes of organizational depth noted on blogs. Such is the case for Armando Galarraga, who was just signed to a minor league deal with the Rangers.
He should find a nice comfy place to rent in Round Rock, because it’s doubtful he’ll see much action for Texas. Or, if he does, it will mean that the Rangers season has gone awry. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2012 and when he did, for a terrible Astros team, he put up a 6.75 ERA and walked more guys than he struck out in five starts.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)