Feb 4, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Fuld is extremely fast and very good defensively, but he’s hit just .234 with six homers and a .643 OPS in 366 career games. According to Rosenthal his contract would be worth $800,000 in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster, plus another $100,000 in potential incentives.
Oakland, like Tampa Bay, is an analytics-friendly organization that tends to value defense and versatility, so Fuld probably has a decent chance of making the team on a spring training invite.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)