Feb 4, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Fuld is extremely fast and very good defensively, but he’s hit just .234 with six homers and a .643 OPS in 366 career games. According to Rosenthal his contract would be worth $800,000 in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster, plus another $100,000 in potential incentives.
Oakland, like Tampa Bay, is an analytics-friendly organization that tends to value defense and versatility, so Fuld probably has a decent chance of making the team on a spring training invite.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)