Feb 4, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Fuld is extremely fast and very good defensively, but he’s hit just .234 with six homers and a .643 OPS in 366 career games. According to Rosenthal his contract would be worth $800,000 in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster, plus another $100,000 in potential incentives.
Oakland, like Tampa Bay, is an analytics-friendly organization that tends to value defense and versatility, so Fuld probably has a decent chance of making the team on a spring training invite.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)