Feb 4, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Fuld is extremely fast and very good defensively, but he’s hit just .234 with six homers and a .643 OPS in 366 career games. According to Rosenthal his contract would be worth $800,000 in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster, plus another $100,000 in potential incentives.
Oakland, like Tampa Bay, is an analytics-friendly organization that tends to value defense and versatility, so Fuld probably has a decent chance of making the team on a spring training invite.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 52
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)