Charlie Manuel to be inducted to Phillies Wall of Fame

Feb 4, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT

Charlie Manuel AP AP

The ink is barely dry on his walking papers as the Phillies manager, but the team is honoring Charlie Manuel anyway. They’re putting him on their Wall of Fame:

“It is only fitting that Charlie become the newest member of our Wall of Fame,” said Phillies President David Montgomery.  “His contributions to our club, his unparalleled connection with our fans, and his overall passion and love of the game made the decision an easy one.  He has left an indelible mark on Phillies history and he deserves this honor.”

It’s fitting. Dude brought the team a championship and a lot of good baseball to Philly. Glad to see that there isn’t any bad blood after the way things ended.

1. deathmonkey41 - Feb 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM

I can’t wait to hear his speech.

• cur'68 - Feb 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Will there be a translator or closed captions?

• floriojr - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM

im guessing both.. I say.. I say .. I say

2. spudchukar - Feb 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Can one be inducted into a wall?

• Old Gator - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Well, the mob is pretty good at it….

• 18thstreet - Feb 5, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I think the headline should say he was inducted ONTO the Wall of Fame.

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

3. jimmywho14 - Feb 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Better Charlie then say Don Carman or Ricky Jordan

• xmatt0926x - Feb 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Don Carman had a great half season when he first came up. The rest of his career……never mind. As far as Ricky Jordan goes, he had a great uppercut swing. It was the kind of swing that if he ever really connected the ball would have gone 500 feet. I can still hear Whitey Ashburn saying to Kalas “Harry, if this guy ever connects, that ball is going to go a long way”.

4. jpash42 - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

He’s still employed by the team, he’s an advisor to Ruben.

5. floriojr - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Charlie is Philly’s version of Bobby Cox. Talented teams with deep pitching built to win the WS only to win once.

6. chaseutley - Feb 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Good for Charlie. Well deserved!

7. retsfdemo - Feb 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Take a moment to ask to wear red phillies T-Shirts with “FIREAMARO” on the back with the Number “00″.
    See all fans wearing these at the Bank and other stadiums.

I’ll be wearing one when the Phillies play in Denver…Amaro needs to GO..FIRED!!!!! Hes destroying our Team!!!

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4051)