Feb 4, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
Baker is coming off a very productive season as a part-timer for the Rangers and has experience all over the field defensively, but a two-year contract is surprising for a 33-year-old who’s bounced around a ton and generally been available pretty cheaply.
Baker has played for six different teams in the past five seasons and failed to crack a .700 OPS in 2011 and 2012 before hitting .279 with 11 homers and a .905 OPS in 175 plate appearances for the Rangers last year.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)