Feb 4, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
UPDATE II: It’s sounding like it could be a big extension. Multiple years, nine figures. Pretty bold for the Braves.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman reports that a deal has been reached. Terms not yet disclosed.
Freddie Freeman and Braves close to announcing a multiyear contract extension, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) February 4, 2014
In the Heyward post I mentioned how it was odd that the Braves reached deals with him given their “file and trial” policy. Since then the team explained that their no-negotiation stance doesn’t apply to mutli-year deals, just one-year deals to avoid arbitration. Which, whatever, if that makes them happy OK, but most negotiations don’t work so cleanly.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)