Feb 4, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
UPDATE II: It’s sounding like it could be a big extension. Multiple years, nine figures. Pretty bold for the Braves.
UPDATE: Jon Heyman reports that a deal has been reached. Terms not yet disclosed.
Freddie Freeman and Braves close to announcing a multiyear contract extension, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) February 4, 2014
In the Heyward post I mentioned how it was odd that the Braves reached deals with him given their “file and trial” policy. Since then the team explained that their no-negotiation stance doesn’t apply to mutli-year deals, just one-year deals to avoid arbitration. Which, whatever, if that makes them happy OK, but most negotiations don’t work so cleanly.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)