Feb 4, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Or maybe not. Someone is wrong:
— Kristie Ackert (@AckertNYDN) February 4, 2014
2:53 PM: WFAN host Mike Francesa said on his show this afternoon that the Mets have made an offer to free-agent shortstop Stephen Drew. Francesa says that the sides are negotiating over years now, so it’s obviously not done, but there is an offer on the table. Earlier this winter the Mets were said to be averse to anything beyond two years for Drew.
This comes less than a week after Sandy Alderson said that the Mets were “unlikely” to sign Drew. Though, really, he would be a fantastic upgrade for them. Drew hit .253/.333/.443 with 13 home runs and 67 RBI in 124 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)