Feb 4, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
UPDATE: Or maybe not. Someone is wrong:
— Kristie Ackert (@AckertNYDN) February 4, 2014
2:53 PM: WFAN host Mike Francesa said on his show this afternoon that the Mets have made an offer to free-agent shortstop Stephen Drew. Francesa says that the sides are negotiating over years now, so it’s obviously not done, but there is an offer on the table. Earlier this winter the Mets were said to be averse to anything beyond two years for Drew.
This comes less than a week after Sandy Alderson said that the Mets were “unlikely” to sign Drew. Though, really, he would be a fantastic upgrade for them. Drew hit .253/.333/.443 with 13 home runs and 67 RBI in 124 games.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)