Feb 5, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
As of last week Bronson Arroyo was saying he’d yet to receive an actual offer from any teams, but presumably that’s changed now because Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Orioles “have emerged as finalists” for the free agent right-hander.
Los Angeles’ interest in Arroyo was reported by several sources recently and Baltimore has made no secret about continuing to pursue rotation help late in the offseason, but Arroyo’s fit in Arizona is somewhat less clear. Despite that Nightengale calls the Diamondbacks “slight favorites” to land Arroyo.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)