Feb 5, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
As of last week Bronson Arroyo was saying he’d yet to receive an actual offer from any teams, but presumably that’s changed now because Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Orioles “have emerged as finalists” for the free agent right-hander.
Los Angeles’ interest in Arroyo was reported by several sources recently and Baltimore has made no secret about continuing to pursue rotation help late in the offseason, but Arroyo’s fit in Arizona is somewhat less clear. Despite that Nightengale calls the Diamondbacks “slight favorites” to land Arroyo.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 6
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 24
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)