Feb 5, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
As of last week Bronson Arroyo was saying he’d yet to receive an actual offer from any teams, but presumably that’s changed now because Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Orioles “have emerged as finalists” for the free agent right-hander.
Los Angeles’ interest in Arroyo was reported by several sources recently and Baltimore has made no secret about continuing to pursue rotation help late in the offseason, but Arroyo’s fit in Arizona is somewhat less clear. Despite that Nightengale calls the Diamondbacks “slight favorites” to land Arroyo.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)