Feb 5, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
As of last week Bronson Arroyo was saying he’d yet to receive an actual offer from any teams, but presumably that’s changed now because Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Orioles “have emerged as finalists” for the free agent right-hander.
Los Angeles’ interest in Arroyo was reported by several sources recently and Baltimore has made no secret about continuing to pursue rotation help late in the offseason, but Arroyo’s fit in Arizona is somewhat less clear. Despite that Nightengale calls the Diamondbacks “slight favorites” to land Arroyo.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)