Feb 5, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Turner has played all over the diamond defensively and hit .265 with eight homers and a .696 OPS in 895 total plate appearances for the Mets, which makes him a reasonable part-timer on a Dodgers team with plenty of star power.
He was non-tendered by the Mets in December because they didn’t want to give him a raise to around $1 million via the arbitration process. And at least in terms of projecting his market value they were right, because the Dodgers got Turner for a minor-league deal.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)