Feb 5, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Turner has played all over the diamond defensively and hit .265 with eight homers and a .696 OPS in 895 total plate appearances for the Mets, which makes him a reasonable part-timer on a Dodgers team with plenty of star power.
He was non-tendered by the Mets in December because they didn’t want to give him a raise to around $1 million via the arbitration process. And at least in terms of projecting his market value they were right, because the Dodgers got Turner for a minor-league deal.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)