Feb 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
After numerous setbacks that caused him to miss the entire second half of last season and kept him sidelined throughout the offseason Jesse Crain is finally throwing again.
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports that Crain threw Monday and plans to do so again today and Friday as he prepares for spring training with the Astros.
Crain, who signed a one-year, $3.25 million deal to be Houston’s likely closer, told McTaggart that “nothing was bothering me” with his surgically repaired biceps and he’s “headed in the right direction.” However, he’ll definitely be behind the other pitchers in Astros camp and is no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)