Feb 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
After numerous setbacks that caused him to miss the entire second half of last season and kept him sidelined throughout the offseason Jesse Crain is finally throwing again.
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports that Crain threw Monday and plans to do so again today and Friday as he prepares for spring training with the Astros.
Crain, who signed a one-year, $3.25 million deal to be Houston’s likely closer, told McTaggart that “nothing was bothering me” with his surgically repaired biceps and he’s “headed in the right direction.” However, he’ll definitely be behind the other pitchers in Astros camp and is no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)