Feb 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
After numerous setbacks that caused him to miss the entire second half of last season and kept him sidelined throughout the offseason Jesse Crain is finally throwing again.
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports that Crain threw Monday and plans to do so again today and Friday as he prepares for spring training with the Astros.
Crain, who signed a one-year, $3.25 million deal to be Houston’s likely closer, told McTaggart that “nothing was bothering me” with his surgically repaired biceps and he’s “headed in the right direction.” However, he’ll definitely be behind the other pitchers in Astros camp and is no sure thing to be ready for Opening Day.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)