New Era introduces some cool new spring training caps

Feb 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT

For the past few years New Era has supplied teams with “Diamond Era” caps for spring training and batting practice. They’re alternate caps. Lighter. They breathe more. They get people to buy more merch too, which is sorta the point when you’re a cap company.

But this year they have three new designs that also happen to be pretty cool. The Braves, Jays and White Sox will be sporting these in spring training:

source:

source:

source:

The White Sox “batter guy” is supremely underrated as a logo, BTW.

1. Bob - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM

“The White Sox “batter guy” is supremely underrated as a log, BTW.”

The White Sox “batter guy” is supremely underrated as a logo, too.

• mick2014 - Feb 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Gangster gear! Coming to a ghetto near you.

• b453841l - Feb 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Because they still have the stickers on the brim?

2. josemartez - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I’ll admit I was excited when I read the Blue Jays got a new one. Then I scrolled down. Ugh. We get it. We’re from Canada.

• historiophiliac - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I don’t know. That thing says “Vermont” to me.

• chacochicken - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Suggestions: Round slice of ham? A tapped maple tree? The Wendigo?

• proudlycanadian - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM

A blizzard is appropriate for today.

• ewampus - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Wendigo had me rolling!

• cur'68 - Feb 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM

You are all wrong. We need to represent our national animal more. The mighty, noble, industrious, and deadly Beaver. Castor canadensis. Then it should reflect our national economy and major recreational activity: culling and harvesting seal pups for their fur and blubber.

I suggest A Beaver Rampant brandishing an aluminum t-ball baton a Field of Clubbed Seal Pups.

• chacochicken - Feb 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM

An armor plated dire beaver or even a woolly mammoth?

3. dwrek5 - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Love paneled caps!!! More please!

4. barrywhererufrom - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Pretty cool…just seeing spring training hats gives me warm thoughts as some of us go through another snowstorm

5. rbj1 - Feb 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Spring? What the heck is “spring?”

6. tysonpunchinguterus - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I wish the Yankees would take advantage of their 1910s/1920s heritage and but out one of their old caps for ST or a throwback day. I lke this one a lot:

7. slclions - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM

we are the BLUE jays…I will stick with my white panel blue blue jays hat. the blue maple leaf hat was ok. you know cause its blue and we are the BLUE jays…blue blue blue….did I mention blue

8. hojo20 - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM

How much on the MLB website? $45 + shipping?

9. asimonetti88 - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Is there a link to the rest of them? Or were those the only three they released

10. sportsdrenched - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I’ve almost purchased some of the regular Blue Jays hats because I like the design. The problem with that hat is if you wore it in the states most people would think you’re just rooting for Team Canada in the Olympics or something. There’s nothing to tie to the Blue Jays organization.

and, Indeed, the White Sox better buy needs for recognition.

11. pilonflats - Feb 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM

weak

12. sethcohenplayedsomeball - Feb 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Speaking of Spring Training…

To warm our spirits for at least a few minutes today:

Some content was stripped by our security filters, but it should be possible for one of your Editors to embed the content for you.

“He looks wild to me”-undeniably classic stuff right there: )

13. sethcohenplayedsomeball - Feb 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Huh, sorry about that…lets try this again?

Apologies in advance if the clip still won’t post-kind of an old school guy here technologically, but with heart and mind in the right place trying to share Roy and The Whammer with everyone here.: )

14. kane337 - Feb 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM

a is for atlanta

15. @Cereal_22 - Feb 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM

The O’s clearly have the best hats & uni’s

16. Tarkus - Feb 5, 2014 at 2:30 PM

As a Braves fan, I like that retro cap that they’re bringing back, but I agree that the White Sox batter guy is awesome, and easily the best of the three.

17. yousuxxors - Feb 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM

braves and blue jays hats are dumb

18. louhudson23 - Feb 6, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Happy Birthday ,King Henry Aaron…..

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (3998)