Feb 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
For the past few years New Era has supplied teams with “Diamond Era” caps for spring training and batting practice. They’re alternate caps. Lighter. They breathe more. They get people to buy more merch too, which is sorta the point when you’re a cap company.
But this year they have three new designs that also happen to be pretty cool. The Braves, Jays and White Sox will be sporting these in spring training:
The White Sox “batter guy” is supremely underrated as a logo, BTW.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)