Feb 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
For the past few years New Era has supplied teams with “Diamond Era” caps for spring training and batting practice. They’re alternate caps. Lighter. They breathe more. They get people to buy more merch too, which is sorta the point when you’re a cap company.
But this year they have three new designs that also happen to be pretty cool. The Braves, Jays and White Sox will be sporting these in spring training:
The White Sox “batter guy” is supremely underrated as a logo, BTW.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)