Feb 5, 2014, 3:57 PM EST
The Indians announced today that they’ve signed Bryan LaHair to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training camp.
LaHair was an All-Star after a nice first half with the Cubs in 2012. He played in Japan last year. He has a career batting mark of .260 with 26 doubles, 21HR and 56RBI in 195 games and an OPS of .764OPS.
He has a good track record as a pinch hitter and can handle righties pretty well, but he still seems like a long shot to get a big league job this season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)