Feb 5, 2014, 3:57 PM EST
The Indians announced today that they’ve signed Bryan LaHair to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training camp.
LaHair was an All-Star after a nice first half with the Cubs in 2012. He played in Japan last year. He has a career batting mark of .260 with 26 doubles, 21HR and 56RBI in 195 games and an OPS of .764OPS.
He has a good track record as a pinch hitter and can handle righties pretty well, but he still seems like a long shot to get a big league job this season.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (220)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)