Feb 5, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The Indians announced today that they’ve signed Bryan LaHair to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training camp.
LaHair was an All-Star after a nice first half with the Cubs in 2012. He played in Japan last year. He has a career batting mark of .260 with 26 doubles, 21HR and 56RBI in 195 games and an OPS of .764OPS.
He has a good track record as a pinch hitter and can handle righties pretty well, but he still seems like a long shot to get a big league job this season.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 8
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)