Feb 5, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The Indians announced today that they’ve signed Bryan LaHair to a Minor League Contract with a non-roster invitation to Major League spring training camp.
LaHair was an All-Star after a nice first half with the Cubs in 2012. He played in Japan last year. He has a career batting mark of .260 with 26 doubles, 21HR and 56RBI in 195 games and an OPS of .764OPS.
He has a good track record as a pinch hitter and can handle righties pretty well, but he still seems like a long shot to get a big league job this season.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)