Feb 6, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Albert Pujols is feeling 100%, has had a “normal” offseason and has been hitting baseballs since October. I guess he added that 0.1% he was missing when it was reported that he was 99.9% back in November.
Pujols saw action in fewer than 100 games last year and has not been himself for the first two seasons of his deal with the Angels. Now he enters season three of ten — with only $222 million left to go! — with a lot to prove. At age 34.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)