Feb 6, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Albert Pujols is feeling 100%, has had a “normal” offseason and has been hitting baseballs since October. I guess he added that 0.1% he was missing when it was reported that he was 99.9% back in November.
Pujols saw action in fewer than 100 games last year and has not been himself for the first two seasons of his deal with the Angels. Now he enters season three of ten — with only $222 million left to go! — with a lot to prove. At age 34.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)