Feb 6, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Albert Pujols is feeling 100%, has had a “normal” offseason and has been hitting baseballs since October. I guess he added that 0.1% he was missing when it was reported that he was 99.9% back in November.
Pujols saw action in fewer than 100 games last year and has not been himself for the first two seasons of his deal with the Angels. Now he enters season three of ten — with only $222 million left to go! — with a lot to prove. At age 34.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 8
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 11
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)