Feb 6, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Albert Pujols is feeling 100%, has had a “normal” offseason and has been hitting baseballs since October. I guess he added that 0.1% he was missing when it was reported that he was 99.9% back in November.
Pujols saw action in fewer than 100 games last year and has not been himself for the first two seasons of his deal with the Angels. Now he enters season three of ten — with only $222 million left to go! — with a lot to prove. At age 34.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)