Feb 6, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Wallace was once a top prospect, but it turned out he couldn’t really play third base defensively and never developed into the impact bat many people pegged him for in the minors. Now he’s a 27-year-old career .242 hitter with 29 homers and a .704 OPS in 311 games, including some ugly K/BB ratios.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)