Feb 6, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Trumbo, who was acquired from the Angels in a three-team trade in December, asked for $5.85 million and was offered $3.4 million from the Diamondbacks when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The two sides ended up settling for a little over the midpoint.
Trumbo owns a .299 on-base percentage and a .768 OPS through 460 games in the majors, but his power is legitimate, as he’s tied for fifth with 95 home runs over the past three seasons. He’ll turn 29 later this month and remains under team control through 2016.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)