Feb 6, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Drug addiction. Alcohol addiction. Nicotine addiction. Shopping addiction. Porn addiction. Sex addiction. If we tried we can probably name, oh, a couple dozen addictions we’ve recognized in friends, family or acquaintances. But “Tim Wallach Baseball Card” addiction is a new one to me. From David Roth at SB Nation:
… there is a man in New Mexico named J. Corey Stackhouse who is making it his mission to collect every card ever made for former Montreal Expos All-Star and current Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach.
Stackhouse does not want one of each Wallach card. He wants every single one of each card, and he is appealing to the general public to help him corner the Wallach Market by sending him all of their Tim Wallach cards.
Go read his story. And, if you are so inclined, send him all of your Tim Wallach cards.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)