Feb 6, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Drug addiction. Alcohol addiction. Nicotine addiction. Shopping addiction. Porn addiction. Sex addiction. If we tried we can probably name, oh, a couple dozen addictions we’ve recognized in friends, family or acquaintances. But “Tim Wallach Baseball Card” addiction is a new one to me. From David Roth at SB Nation:
… there is a man in New Mexico named J. Corey Stackhouse who is making it his mission to collect every card ever made for former Montreal Expos All-Star and current Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach.
Stackhouse does not want one of each Wallach card. He wants every single one of each card, and he is appealing to the general public to help him corner the Wallach Market by sending him all of their Tim Wallach cards.
Go read his story. And, if you are so inclined, send him all of your Tim Wallach cards.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 13
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 51
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 45
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)