Feb 6, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Drug addiction. Alcohol addiction. Nicotine addiction. Shopping addiction. Porn addiction. Sex addiction. If we tried we can probably name, oh, a couple dozen addictions we’ve recognized in friends, family or acquaintances. But “Tim Wallach Baseball Card” addiction is a new one to me. From David Roth at SB Nation:
… there is a man in New Mexico named J. Corey Stackhouse who is making it his mission to collect every card ever made for former Montreal Expos All-Star and current Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach.
Stackhouse does not want one of each Wallach card. He wants every single one of each card, and he is appealing to the general public to help him corner the Wallach Market by sending him all of their Tim Wallach cards.
Go read his story. And, if you are so inclined, send him all of your Tim Wallach cards.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)