Feb 6, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Drug addiction. Alcohol addiction. Nicotine addiction. Shopping addiction. Porn addiction. Sex addiction. If we tried we can probably name, oh, a couple dozen addictions we’ve recognized in friends, family or acquaintances. But “Tim Wallach Baseball Card” addiction is a new one to me. From David Roth at SB Nation:
… there is a man in New Mexico named J. Corey Stackhouse who is making it his mission to collect every card ever made for former Montreal Expos All-Star and current Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach.
Stackhouse does not want one of each Wallach card. He wants every single one of each card, and he is appealing to the general public to help him corner the Wallach Market by sending him all of their Tim Wallach cards.
Go read his story. And, if you are so inclined, send him all of your Tim Wallach cards.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)