Feb 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Washington’s spring training roster is packed with catchers, including starter Wilson Ramos and six backup options to evaluate, but apparently the Nationals are still looking for another backstop.
Lobaton has been linked to several different teams since it became clear the Rays were trying to move him and Ladson says the Nationals have been working on a potential deal for a month now.
Last season Lobaton hit .249 with seven homers and a .714 OPS in a part-time role and the 29-year-old is a career .228 hitter with a .654 OPS.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)