Feb 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Washington’s spring training roster is packed with catchers, including starter Wilson Ramos and six backup options to evaluate, but apparently the Nationals are still looking for another backstop.
Lobaton has been linked to several different teams since it became clear the Rays were trying to move him and Ladson says the Nationals have been working on a potential deal for a month now.
Last season Lobaton hit .249 with seven homers and a .714 OPS in a part-time role and the 29-year-old is a career .228 hitter with a .654 OPS.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (113)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)