Feb 6, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
Not all of them, of course. Just the Diamondbacks. They report today and hold their first workout tomorrow. The Dodgers report on Saturday.
This is amazingly early, of course, because the Diamondbacks and Dodgers open their regular season in Australia on March 22. That’s more than a week before everyone else, thus necessitating the early report. Everyone else reports between February 11th and 16th. All reporting dates can be seen here.
This is a wonderful harbinger of spring. It’s also one of the more anticlimactic things around. We wait for it all winter, then it happens and … it’s still cold where most of us are. And at best we get some pictures of guys playing long toss and running.
Personally I don’t feel like spring has really started until there are spring training games, but if this sort of thing helps you stay warm, more power to you.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42