Feb 6, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
Not all of them, of course. Just the Diamondbacks. They report today and hold their first workout tomorrow. The Dodgers report on Saturday.
This is amazingly early, of course, because the Diamondbacks and Dodgers open their regular season in Australia on March 22. That’s more than a week before everyone else, thus necessitating the early report. Everyone else reports between February 11th and 16th. All reporting dates can be seen here.
This is a wonderful harbinger of spring. It’s also one of the more anticlimactic things around. We wait for it all winter, then it happens and … it’s still cold where most of us are. And at best we get some pictures of guys playing long toss and running.
Personally I don’t feel like spring has really started until there are spring training games, but if this sort of thing helps you stay warm, more power to you.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (99)