Feb 6, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
Not all of them, of course. Just the Diamondbacks. They report today and hold their first workout tomorrow. The Dodgers report on Saturday.
This is amazingly early, of course, because the Diamondbacks and Dodgers open their regular season in Australia on March 22. That’s more than a week before everyone else, thus necessitating the early report. Everyone else reports between February 11th and 16th. All reporting dates can be seen here.
This is a wonderful harbinger of spring. It’s also one of the more anticlimactic things around. We wait for it all winter, then it happens and … it’s still cold where most of us are. And at best we get some pictures of guys playing long toss and running.
Personally I don’t feel like spring has really started until there are spring training games, but if this sort of thing helps you stay warm, more power to you.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (141)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)