Feb 6, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Rodney was dominant for the Rays in 2012 and saved 37 games for them in 2013 while striking out 82 batters in 66 2/3 innings. He is likely to be the M’s closer, pushing Danny Farquhar into a setup role.
All in all? Not a ton of money for a guy who should still be pretty darn effective in late innings. He could have helped a lot of teams, including the Yankees and the Orioles. But now he’s heading for Seattle.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)