Feb 6, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Rodney was dominant for the Rays in 2012 and saved 37 games for them in 2013 while striking out 82 batters in 66 2/3 innings. He is likely to be the M’s closer, pushing Danny Farquhar into a setup role.
All in all? Not a ton of money for a guy who should still be pretty darn effective in late innings. He could have helped a lot of teams, including the Yankees and the Orioles. But now he’s heading for Seattle.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)