Feb 6, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Rodney was dominant for the Rays in 2012 and saved 37 games for them in 2013 while striking out 82 batters in 66 2/3 innings. He is likely to be the M’s closer, pushing Danny Farquhar into a setup role.
All in all? Not a ton of money for a guy who should still be pretty darn effective in late innings. He could have helped a lot of teams, including the Yankees and the Orioles. But now he’s heading for Seattle.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)