Feb 6, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Rodney was dominant for the Rays in 2012 and saved 37 games for them in 2013 while striking out 82 batters in 66 2/3 innings. He is likely to be the M’s closer, pushing Danny Farquhar into a setup role.
All in all? Not a ton of money for a guy who should still be pretty darn effective in late innings. He could have helped a lot of teams, including the Yankees and the Orioles. But now he’s heading for Seattle.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 3
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 26
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 70
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (172)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)