Feb 6, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
According to Crasnick, Madson already had a workout last Tuesday with an unidentified team. The Phillies, Red Sox, and Royals have been linked to him this offseason, but Morosi speculates that the Tigers and Yankees could be among the reliever-hungry teams in attendance tomorrow.
Madson is now 33 years old and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 due to elbow problems, but he was one of the better relievers in baseball during his time with the Phillies. It will likely only require a minor league deal to sign him, so plenty of teams figure to check in on his progress as a matter of due diligence.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)