Feb 6, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
According to Crasnick, Madson already had a workout last Tuesday with an unidentified team. The Phillies, Red Sox, and Royals have been linked to him this offseason, but Morosi speculates that the Tigers and Yankees could be among the reliever-hungry teams in attendance tomorrow.
Madson is now 33 years old and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 due to elbow problems, but he was one of the better relievers in baseball during his time with the Phillies. It will likely only require a minor league deal to sign him, so plenty of teams figure to check in on his progress as a matter of due diligence.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)