Feb 6, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
According to Crasnick, Madson already had a workout last Tuesday with an unidentified team. The Phillies, Red Sox, and Royals have been linked to him this offseason, but Morosi speculates that the Tigers and Yankees could be among the reliever-hungry teams in attendance tomorrow.
Madson is now 33 years old and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 due to elbow problems, but he was one of the better relievers in baseball during his time with the Phillies. It will likely only require a minor league deal to sign him, so plenty of teams figure to check in on his progress as a matter of due diligence.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (213)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)