Feb 6, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
According to Crasnick, Madson already had a workout last Tuesday with an unidentified team. The Phillies, Red Sox, and Royals have been linked to him this offseason, but Morosi speculates that the Tigers and Yankees could be among the reliever-hungry teams in attendance tomorrow.
Madson is now 33 years old and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2011 due to elbow problems, but he was one of the better relievers in baseball during his time with the Phillies. It will likely only require a minor league deal to sign him, so plenty of teams figure to check in on his progress as a matter of due diligence.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)