Feb 6, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
ESPN’s Enrique Rojas reports that the Miami Marlins have signed Carlos Marmol to a one-year, $1.25 million deal.
Not bad at that price, even though I wouldn’t put too much trust in the guy. I certainly would have a hard time bringing him into a jam given his walk rate, which is easily the worst in baseball.
Still, a live arm I guess. If the fish can fix him they’ll have a bargain on their hands. If not, well, I guess they aren’t out too much scratch.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)