Feb 6, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
ESPN’s Enrique Rojas reports that the Miami Marlins have signed Carlos Marmol to a one-year, $1.25 million deal.
Not bad at that price, even though I wouldn’t put too much trust in the guy. I certainly would have a hard time bringing him into a jam given his walk rate, which is easily the worst in baseball.
Still, a live arm I guess. If the fish can fix him they’ll have a bargain on their hands. If not, well, I guess they aren’t out too much scratch.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)