Feb 6, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
ESPN’s Enrique Rojas reports that the Miami Marlins have signed Carlos Marmol to a one-year, $1.25 million deal.
Not bad at that price, even though I wouldn’t put too much trust in the guy. I certainly would have a hard time bringing him into a jam given his walk rate, which is easily the worst in baseball.
Still, a live arm I guess. If the fish can fix him they’ll have a bargain on their hands. If not, well, I guess they aren’t out too much scratch.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 0
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86