Feb 6, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
ESPN’s Enrique Rojas reports that the Miami Marlins have signed Carlos Marmol to a one-year, $1.25 million deal.
Not bad at that price, even though I wouldn’t put too much trust in the guy. I certainly would have a hard time bringing him into a jam given his walk rate, which is easily the worst in baseball.
Still, a live arm I guess. If the fish can fix him they’ll have a bargain on their hands. If not, well, I guess they aren’t out too much scratch.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)