Feb 7, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Every day for two weeks I’ve thought “today is the slowest baseball news day ever.” Then the next day is slower. I spent a great deal of the early afternoon reading people’s snarky tweets about the Olympics opening ceremonies so that I would be prepared for my own snarky tweets for the Olympics opening ceremonies tonight. That’s how bad it is.
But maybe we’ll get a major signing today. I doubt it, but maybe:
— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) February 7, 2014
If I was Arroyo I’d go out to the NL West too. Seems like a way better place for him to be than, say, Baltimore or wherever. Either way: sign, dude. We’re all bored here. I’m about to change this joint to HardLugeTalk.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59