Feb 7, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that reliever Dan Wheeler has announced his retirement, ending a 13-year Major League career. Wheeler briefly pitched in 2013 with the Omaha Storm Chasers, the Triple-A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals.
Wheeler was last seen in the Majors in 2012 with the Indians. He posted an 8.76 ERA in 12 innings. He had a few solid years with the Rays from 2008-10, posting a combined 3.24 ERA in 172 1/3 innings, averaging better than three strikeouts for every one walk. He retires with a career 3.98 ERA.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)