Feb 7, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that reliever Dan Wheeler has announced his retirement, ending a 13-year Major League career. Wheeler briefly pitched in 2013 with the Omaha Storm Chasers, the Triple-A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals.
Wheeler was last seen in the Majors in 2012 with the Indians. He posted an 8.76 ERA in 12 innings. He had a few solid years with the Rays from 2008-10, posting a combined 3.24 ERA in 172 1/3 innings, averaging better than three strikeouts for every one walk. He retires with a career 3.98 ERA.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 160
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)