Feb 7, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Hanson was once considered among the best young pitchers in the game, but his career has veered off course since a rotator cuff issue in 2011. Traded from the Braves to the Angels last winter, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 5.42 ERA and 56/30 K/BB ratio in 73 innings over 13 starts and two relief appearances in 2013. He became a free agent after the Angels non-tendered him in December.
Hanson’s agent, Greg Genske, told Morosi on Thursday that his client has received offers from multiple teams and is “in a great place mentally and physically.” In addition to his struggles on the mound last year, Hanson was mourning the loss of his stepbrother.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)