Feb 7, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Hanson was once considered among the best young pitchers in the game, but his career has veered off course since a rotator cuff issue in 2011. Traded from the Braves to the Angels last winter, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 5.42 ERA and 56/30 K/BB ratio in 73 innings over 13 starts and two relief appearances in 2013. He became a free agent after the Angels non-tendered him in December.
Hanson’s agent, Greg Genske, told Morosi on Thursday that his client has received offers from multiple teams and is “in a great place mentally and physically.” In addition to his struggles on the mound last year, Hanson was mourning the loss of his stepbrother.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)