Feb 7, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Hanson was once considered among the best young pitchers in the game, but his career has veered off course since a rotator cuff issue in 2011. Traded from the Braves to the Angels last winter, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 5.42 ERA and 56/30 K/BB ratio in 73 innings over 13 starts and two relief appearances in 2013. He became a free agent after the Angels non-tendered him in December.
Hanson’s agent, Greg Genske, told Morosi on Thursday that his client has received offers from multiple teams and is “in a great place mentally and physically.” In addition to his struggles on the mound last year, Hanson was mourning the loss of his stepbrother.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)