Feb 7, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Some news out of Oakland as the A’s announce that they’ve signed Coco Crisp to a two-year contract extension.
Crisp signed a two-year deal with Oakland prior to the 2012 season and the A’s exercised their 2014 option on him back in November. They obviously wanted more Coco than that, so now they have him through 2016 with a vesting option for 2017. The deal: two-years and $22.75 million. He is slated to make $7.5 million this year on the option.
Crisp is coming off a 2013 campaign that saw him put together a .261/.335/.444 batting line with a career-high 22 homers and 21 steals. Oakland is his fourth team, but if he plays out this deal plus the option, he’ll have eight years as an Athletic under his belt.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)