Feb 7, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Some news out of Oakland as the A’s announce that they’ve signed Coco Crisp to a two-year contract extension.
Crisp signed a two-year deal with Oakland prior to the 2012 season and the A’s exercised their 2014 option on him back in November. They obviously wanted more Coco than that, so now they have him through 2016 with a vesting option for 2017. The deal: two-years and $22.75 million. He is slated to make $7.5 million this year on the option.
Crisp is coming off a 2013 campaign that saw him put together a .261/.335/.444 batting line with a career-high 22 homers and 21 steals. Oakland is his fourth team, but if he plays out this deal plus the option, he’ll have eight years as an Athletic under his belt.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (86)