Feb 7, 2014, 11:46 AM EST
I personally like the blue-on-gray road uniforms the Red Sox have worn for the past few years. They wore them from 1936-72 and again for most of the 1980s. I like them better than the red lettering on the roadies, which was first introduced in 1972, went away for a while and then came back in 1990 and lasted until 2010.
Well, red is back again:
— Paul Lukas (@UniWatch) February 7, 2014
Obviously not radical change. And, indeed, I presume that they’ll go back and forth from red to navy again many times before I die. But I happen to think the navy looks better.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27