Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Boggs was a mess last season for the Cardinals, posting a 11.05 ERA in 18 appearances before a demotion to Triple-A. He was traded to the Rockies in July and walked as many batters as he struck out in nine appearances. However, from 2010-2012 he threw 201 innings with a 3.08 ERA for St. Louis and he was briefly tabbed as St. Louis’ closer.
For a cheap one-year flier he makes sense and the White Sox could use the bullpen help after trading closer Addison Reed to the Diamondbacks.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)