Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Boggs was a mess last season for the Cardinals, posting a 11.05 ERA in 18 appearances before a demotion to Triple-A. He was traded to the Rockies in July and walked as many batters as he struck out in nine appearances. However, from 2010-2012 he threw 201 innings with a 3.08 ERA for St. Louis and he was briefly tabbed as St. Louis’ closer.
For a cheap one-year flier he makes sense and the White Sox could use the bullpen help after trading closer Addison Reed to the Diamondbacks.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)