Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Boggs was a mess last season for the Cardinals, posting a 11.05 ERA in 18 appearances before a demotion to Triple-A. He was traded to the Rockies in July and walked as many batters as he struck out in nine appearances. However, from 2010-2012 he threw 201 innings with a 3.08 ERA for St. Louis and he was briefly tabbed as St. Louis’ closer.
For a cheap one-year flier he makes sense and the White Sox could use the bullpen help after trading closer Addison Reed to the Diamondbacks.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)