Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Boggs was a mess last season for the Cardinals, posting a 11.05 ERA in 18 appearances before a demotion to Triple-A. He was traded to the Rockies in July and walked as many batters as he struck out in nine appearances. However, from 2010-2012 he threw 201 innings with a 3.08 ERA for St. Louis and he was briefly tabbed as St. Louis’ closer.
For a cheap one-year flier he makes sense and the White Sox could use the bullpen help after trading closer Addison Reed to the Diamondbacks.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)