Feb 9, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Last month, reports indicated that Johnny Damon was still interested in continuing his playing career. That hasn’t changed, but as Marc Topkin notes for the Tampa Bay Times, Damon would also be opening to managing. With either endeavor, however, Damon would only be interested in a job at the Major League level.
Damon didn’t play last season and put up an uninspiring .610 OPS for the Indians in 2012. He turned 40 years old back in November. As a result, job opportunities for Damon have been virtually nonexistent.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)