Feb 9, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Last month, reports indicated that Johnny Damon was still interested in continuing his playing career. That hasn’t changed, but as Marc Topkin notes for the Tampa Bay Times, Damon would also be opening to managing. With either endeavor, however, Damon would only be interested in a job at the Major League level.
Damon didn’t play last season and put up an uninspiring .610 OPS for the Indians in 2012. He turned 40 years old back in November. As a result, job opportunities for Damon have been virtually nonexistent.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 22
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)