Feb 9, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Last month, reports indicated that Johnny Damon was still interested in continuing his playing career. That hasn’t changed, but as Marc Topkin notes for the Tampa Bay Times, Damon would also be opening to managing. With either endeavor, however, Damon would only be interested in a job at the Major League level.
Damon didn’t play last season and put up an uninspiring .610 OPS for the Indians in 2012. He turned 40 years old back in November. As a result, job opportunities for Damon have been virtually nonexistent.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 18
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)