Feb 9, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Last month, reports indicated that Johnny Damon was still interested in continuing his playing career. That hasn’t changed, but as Marc Topkin notes for the Tampa Bay Times, Damon would also be opening to managing. With either endeavor, however, Damon would only be interested in a job at the Major League level.
Damon didn’t play last season and put up an uninspiring .610 OPS for the Indians in 2012. He turned 40 years old back in November. As a result, job opportunities for Damon have been virtually nonexistent.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)