Feb 9, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Jon Morosi of FOX Sports is reporting that free agent lefty Nate Robertson is looking for work as a reliever and has spoken with several clubs. Robertson, 36, hasn’t appeared in the Majors since September 8, 2010, when he allowed six runs in two-thirds of an inning for the Phillies against the Marlins.
Robertson, however, posted good results for the Rangers at Triple-A Round Rock. The lefty finished with a 3.04 ERA on 50 1/3 innings, all in relief. He held left-handed hitters to a .213 average.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)