Feb 9, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Jon Morosi of FOX Sports is reporting that free agent lefty Nate Robertson is looking for work as a reliever and has spoken with several clubs. Robertson, 36, hasn’t appeared in the Majors since September 8, 2010, when he allowed six runs in two-thirds of an inning for the Phillies against the Marlins.
Robertson, however, posted good results for the Rangers at Triple-A Round Rock. The lefty finished with a 3.04 ERA on 50 1/3 innings, all in relief. He held left-handed hitters to a .213 average.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)