Feb 9, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
A user on Reddit (subreddit r/baseball) posted this picture of Russia’s malfunctioning Olympic rings, photoshopped into a sort of diagram of the current talent makeup in the American League West:
If we tried this for the other five divisions, which organization would be the broken ring?
AL East: Blue Jays
AL Central: Twins
NL East: Marlins
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Padres
AL Central and NL Central were tough calls. The White Sox finished last in 2013 and the Twins have elite prospects on the way in Byron Buxton, Alex Meyer, and Miguel Sano. But if we’re basing it off the current MLB roster, Chicago is in a better place. It’s a similar situation in the NL, with the Cubs boasting a group of exciting youngsters (Javier Baez, Kris Bryant) but the Brewers looking more competitive for 2014.
You can watch a replay of the Sochi Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony malfunction at this link.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)