Feb 11, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Now this is fun: Todd Zolecki reports that Comcast SportsNet will announce Jamie Moyer and Matt Stairs have joined its Phillies broadcast team as early as tomorrow. They’re just finalizing the contracts. Both Stairs and Moyer played for the 2008 World Series champs and both seem — from this distance anyway — to be a lot of fun.
Bonus: with those two signed by Comcast, Ruben Amaro will likely be unable to put them in uniform. Which you know he wants to.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)