Feb 11, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Now this is fun: Todd Zolecki reports that Comcast SportsNet will announce Jamie Moyer and Matt Stairs have joined its Phillies broadcast team as early as tomorrow. They’re just finalizing the contracts. Both Stairs and Moyer played for the 2008 World Series champs and both seem — from this distance anyway — to be a lot of fun.
Bonus: with those two signed by Comcast, Ruben Amaro will likely be unable to put them in uniform. Which you know he wants to.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly right knee injury 2
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 11
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)