Feb 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Stuff I never heard before but is pretty darn interesting. From the Toronto Sun: Omar Vizquel and John Farrell had a big falling out when they were both with the Blue Jays. And it may have had its roots in Vizquel buying plane tickets for a rookie’s family. Go read the story. The biggest takeaway, I think: losing makes people cranky.
Another takeaway: how the writer casually drops the “future Hall of Famer” Omar Vizquel thing, which we’ve been seeing more and more of lately. I love how it’s just assumed for him like it would be for, say, Ken Griffey or Jeter or someone. This despite the fact that Vizquel, based on historical standards, would be a pretty weak Hall of Famer, objectively speaking.
I’d say he’s going to be the next Jack Morris, but that would require him being on the ballot a long time. And I feel like people are going to vote him in pretty quickly.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40