Feb 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Stuff I never heard before but is pretty darn interesting. From the Toronto Sun: Omar Vizquel and John Farrell had a big falling out when they were both with the Blue Jays. And it may have had its roots in Vizquel buying plane tickets for a rookie’s family. Go read the story. The biggest takeaway, I think: losing makes people cranky.
Another takeaway: how the writer casually drops the “future Hall of Famer” Omar Vizquel thing, which we’ve been seeing more and more of lately. I love how it’s just assumed for him like it would be for, say, Ken Griffey or Jeter or someone. This despite the fact that Vizquel, based on historical standards, would be a pretty weak Hall of Famer, objectively speaking.
I’d say he’s going to be the next Jack Morris, but that would require him being on the ballot a long time. And I feel like people are going to vote him in pretty quickly.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 0
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 60
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)