Feb 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Stuff I never heard before but is pretty darn interesting. From the Toronto Sun: Omar Vizquel and John Farrell had a big falling out when they were both with the Blue Jays. And it may have had its roots in Vizquel buying plane tickets for a rookie’s family. Go read the story. The biggest takeaway, I think: losing makes people cranky.
Another takeaway: how the writer casually drops the “future Hall of Famer” Omar Vizquel thing, which we’ve been seeing more and more of lately. I love how it’s just assumed for him like it would be for, say, Ken Griffey or Jeter or someone. This despite the fact that Vizquel, based on historical standards, would be a pretty weak Hall of Famer, objectively speaking.
I’d say he’s going to be the next Jack Morris, but that would require him being on the ballot a long time. And I feel like people are going to vote him in pretty quickly.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)