Feb 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Mark Berman of FOX 26 Sports reports that Nolan Ryan will join the Houston Astros as an advisor to owner Jim Crane, general manager Jeff Luhnow, and his son Reid Ryan, president of business operations. The job is supposed to have both business operations and baseball operations roles.
Which is interesting, as Ryan stepping on baseball operations toes — or having others step on his toes, depending on who you listen to — was one of the reasons he left the Rangers. I’m guessing, though, that Ryan will get along with his son pretty well, OK. At least one would hope.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)