Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that right-hander Blake Hawksworth, a 28th-round pick of the Cardinals in 2001, has retired from baseball and gone to work for agent Scott Boras and the Boras Corp.
Hawksworth made his major league debut in St. Louis on June 6, 2009 and went on to post a 4.07 ERA in 183 1/3 career innings at the big league level (mostly as a reliever). His last MLB appearance was with the Dodgers in late September of 2011.
Hawksworth will turn 31 years old next month.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)