Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that right-hander Blake Hawksworth, a 28th-round pick of the Cardinals in 2001, has retired from baseball and gone to work for agent Scott Boras and the Boras Corp.
Hawksworth made his major league debut in St. Louis on June 6, 2009 and went on to post a 4.07 ERA in 183 1/3 career innings at the big league level (mostly as a reliever). His last MLB appearance was with the Dodgers in late September of 2011.
Hawksworth will turn 31 years old next month.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)