Feb 12, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Here’s a nice, somewhat sad story from the Philly Inquirer. It’s about Charlie Manuel’s friendship and support of Olympian Katie Uhlaender, who competes on the U.S. skeleton team. Manuel was a minor league teammate and lifelong friend of her father — former Indians coach Ted Uhlaender — who died of cancer in 2009.
Uhlaender has suffered multiple injuries in the past few years and is not a favorite at Sochi (skeleton competition begins tomorrow), but she is a favorite of Manuel’s.
(Thanks to ‘Cepts for the heads up)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)