Feb 12, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Here’s a nice, somewhat sad story from the Philly Inquirer. It’s about Charlie Manuel’s friendship and support of Olympian Katie Uhlaender, who competes on the U.S. skeleton team. Manuel was a minor league teammate and lifelong friend of her father — former Indians coach Ted Uhlaender — who died of cancer in 2009.
Uhlaender has suffered multiple injuries in the past few years and is not a favorite at Sochi (skeleton competition begins tomorrow), but she is a favorite of Manuel’s.
(Thanks to ‘Cepts for the heads up)
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105