Feb 12, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
Matt Gelb reports that Cole Hamels is suffering from biceps tendinitis. Hamels says it means he won’t pitch Opening Day. He does say, however, that he expects to be pitching in games in April, even if he can’t answer the bell at the end of March for the opener.
Man. And the Phillies’ offseason had been going so well, too.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8