Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez remains unsigned and the draft pick compensation attached to his free agency has definitely hurt the right-hander’s market value, but don’t expect a return to the Indians.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that “it would take something extreme” for the Indians to re-sign Jimenez and “there has been no communication” between the two sides since last month.
Obviously a huge drop in asking price would qualify as “something extreme,” but the Indians are banking on getting a valuable draft pick for Jimenez’s departure and there’s been little indication at any point that they made a serious effort to re-sign him.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)