Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez remains unsigned and the draft pick compensation attached to his free agency has definitely hurt the right-hander’s market value, but don’t expect a return to the Indians.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that “it would take something extreme” for the Indians to re-sign Jimenez and “there has been no communication” between the two sides since last month.
Obviously a huge drop in asking price would qualify as “something extreme,” but the Indians are banking on getting a valuable draft pick for Jimenez’s departure and there’s been little indication at any point that they made a serious effort to re-sign him.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)