Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez remains unsigned and the draft pick compensation attached to his free agency has definitely hurt the right-hander’s market value, but don’t expect a return to the Indians.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that “it would take something extreme” for the Indians to re-sign Jimenez and “there has been no communication” between the two sides since last month.
Obviously a huge drop in asking price would qualify as “something extreme,” but the Indians are banking on getting a valuable draft pick for Jimenez’s departure and there’s been little indication at any point that they made a serious effort to re-sign him.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)