Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez remains unsigned and the draft pick compensation attached to his free agency has definitely hurt the right-hander’s market value, but don’t expect a return to the Indians.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that “it would take something extreme” for the Indians to re-sign Jimenez and “there has been no communication” between the two sides since last month.
Obviously a huge drop in asking price would qualify as “something extreme,” but the Indians are banking on getting a valuable draft pick for Jimenez’s departure and there’s been little indication at any point that they made a serious effort to re-sign him.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)