Feb 12, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
The Royals and closer Greg Holland avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $4.675 million contract. Holland requested $5.2 million and was offered $4.1 million from the Royals so this is just south of the midpoint.
Holland is one of the game’s best closers. In 2013 he posted a 1.21 ERA while saving 47 games and striking out 103 batters in 67 innings pitched. Just ridiculous.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 21
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)