Feb 12, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
The Royals and closer Greg Holland avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $4.675 million contract. Holland requested $5.2 million and was offered $4.1 million from the Royals so this is just south of the midpoint.
Holland is one of the game’s best closers. In 2013 he posted a 1.21 ERA while saving 47 games and striking out 103 batters in 67 innings pitched. Just ridiculous.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)